Enrollment is in session now!
About Us Links
Course Description: The course will take you through entry-level skills in chair-side assisting, laboratory techniques, and front office procedures including an introduction to computers in a dental office. It also covers a wide variety of duties that support a dentist in the office as well as in specialties, such as, orthodontics and oral surgery. Dental radiology is included. When students meet all the state dental radiology safety requirements, they can obtain a Dental Radiation Safety Compliance Certificate. Upon successful completion of the course, the student will also receive an Infection Control Certificate. In addition to tuition, adult students must purchase the required textbooks, a uniform, safety glasses, and x-ray film. Day classes may include On-The-Job Training in a dental office.
Prerequisites: Prior to enrolling, all students must:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Possess a HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA or GED by the last class session to qualify for an externship
- Provide proof of a NEGATIVE MANTOUX TEST or NEGATIVE CHEST X-RAY
- Provide proof of completing the HEPATITS B vaccine series (3 injections) to participate in On-The-Job Training or sign a waiver
- Possess a current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers card only
- Sign a Student Waiver and Release Form
Note: If you do not have a record of the Hepatitis B vaccine, you will need to request a blood test to check for immunity.
On the Job Training: Day classes may include On-The-Job Training in a dental office.
UC Credit: No
PDF File: Download
Course ID# 410